Sunday, May 13, 2007

Mother's day...

I talked with my mom. She was going to go play domino's.

I talked with Jason's mom. I shared with her that Hope doesnt' want that many people at her wedding.

I did another unselfish mom thing...and went to see Spiderman 3. Bishop loved it. It was two and a half hours. Afterward, we went to buy Jason some tennis shoes.

I called the woman that gave birth to me. She speaks English really slow. And, I talked to a brother. He is 29 and speaks English faster than she does. He told me about how he comes home in the spring and summer to help gather food for the winter. One week, fish for this. The next week, fish for that. For two weeks pick berries. Fish again. Seal hunt. Pick berries again. Fish for a couple of weeks. Harvest yeast? It is hard to imagine a life as primitive as that. God was really watching out for me.

Growing up, I remember getting teased for being adopted. My mom would get really mad...and defensive as mother's do. I really didn't acknowledge that feeling of rejection...until I found out that a friend of the family found her. And, that she was hesitant about talking with me. After talking with them, I know even more how blessed I am to live the way that I do. At the end of the conversation she said that I can call anytime. Her son got my phone number because she wanted it. That feeling of rejection melted away. I can't explain it...I know that my parents wanted me because they adopted me. And, I love them dearly for they are my parents. After having a son, I can't imagine what it would be like to have given him up. The lady said that for years when she went to the place where I was born, she would look for me but she couldn't find me. She said that she almost forgot about me.

For years, my parents have been very open with me about my adoption. They have said that if I wish to find the birth mother, they would be supportive. For months now, I have known that there was a search for her. However, I can't even begin to tell you that the last twenty-four hours has been quite a shock to me. And, a shock to everyone. I don't know why I was blessed to have a better life than my 5 brothers and sisters. I may never really know why. This has brought a closure to a mystery, and may have opened a chapter to knowing and learning more about the culture from which I could have been raised.

I can't imagine what it has been like for my parents, either. It must be really wierd for ALL..........

1 comment:

EE said...

WOW!!!!!!
What a story!! You must be very emotional right now! Have you seen picts of your bio family yet/???