Saturday, May 12, 2007

I am really shocked...
I am really sad and happy all at the same time.

A friend of my mother's lives in Alaska.
He has been through a lot of time and trouble to find my biological mother..
He called tonight, and he has found her.

She is 19 years older than I am. And, she is from a very traditional eskimo family. He said that if I called her, that communication would be very difficult for she doesn't speak much English.
He said that she is only interested in talking to me, and she wants to exchange pictures of my family. I can't begin to say how glad I am that I can now know health information. Well, between the two marriages that she has had she has 4 girls, and two boys. She must be really shocked. I am really shocked. I don't know if I will call. I love my parents that I have. They are both supportive of me, they have seen me though good times and bad times, and most of all they love me, and they wanted me. Gosh, I don't know what to feel.

I can't imagine what it would be like for her. To have given birth to a girl, know that I couldn't keep her, and give her up for adoption without ever seeing her. Then 35 years later...a man calls and says that he was trying to find me because the girl that I had was trying to find me. Oh that must be shocking! Especially if I am from a very, very traditional eskimo family! I don't know much about traditional eskimo families, but if they are like other traditional families from not as liberal as our families...it must be shocking! I know that she did what she thought would be best for me, and I know that I have lead a life far greater and more worldly than I would have. Plus, I have fabulous new shoes...that I got from Dillard's for 15.07! I don't think that I would have had those...that make me almost as tall as my husband! lol...

The friend of the family went though a lot of time and trouble. May God bless him and keep him.

It seems like I was going to say something else. I guess not.

1 comment:

EE said...

This is an incredible story. It must be really nice to finally be able to put pieces of your fam puzzle together.
Your parents are very cool to be so supportive!!