Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Time: Yesterday lunch. Maybe I shouldn't go pick up Bishop because the weather is going to get bad tonight. I don't want to cross the long bridges if they are covered in ice.

Shortly after lunch. Well, after looking at the weather all day, I think that if I leave at 3, meet at 4:30, I will get back before 6:15...it wan't be bad by then. (For NWA)

About 2:40...I just talked to Matthew, and he can get Bishop there about 4:30. Perfect. I will get home in time for dinner.

4:00...This isn't good, the river valley is already at 32 degrees. I can make it.

4:30...depart Clarksville with a full tank of gas and Bishop. Bishop let's pray for a safe trip home. He prays the best safe return prayer home.

5:10...Bishop are you hungry. Are you sure? Okay double cheeseburger and fries it is...for both of us. I am kind of hungry also.

5:20...depart Alma. Oh that isn't good, see that truck it slid on ice, and hit that railing. Please God let us make it home safely.

5:30...we are at a stand still, about a thousand of us. I wonder what happened. And, it is 30 degrees, not good cause it is still raining.

7:00. Traffic moves, I am still about 15 miles from tunnel. We slowly go through the tunnel. There had been a 5 car pile up.

7:30...not even a mile out of the tunnel on one of the long high bridges, we stop again. I get out of my car, and the bridge has complete black ice on it.

9:45...still haven't moved. Bishop said this was fun 4 hours ago, not now.

10:45...we finally start moving more than the 30 yards since 7:30.

12:15...we make it to Greenbrier. I call Jason, tell him 1:00 maybe.

1:00...we are finally in our driveway. I should have been home by 6:30, at the latest. We are beat, we are tired. My eyes looked like I had been doing a lot of good drugs. Bishop was a trooper; aside from 30 minutes, he stayed up with me the whole way to make sure I didn't go to sleep. :)

Lesson learned...Even if your region says not until 6...remember that doesn't include the other regions...if you have to question whether or not to go...don't...it is better for Bishop to miss a day of school or two...and always have your child pray the safe trip home prayer. It works.

2 comments:

EE said...

That totally sucks! So glad you made it home safely!

EE said...

Where are you? Everything ok?