Friday, February 23, 2007

Last night about 8:30 the phone rang. And, not to my surprise...it was a telemarketer who sounded like he was from India...or somewhere of that nature. He asked for me.
"Who are you? What do you want?"
"Well, I'm...calling on behalf of ...mastercard. And, I would like to offer you this ...mastercard." My wits kicked in..."I would like to offer you a Visa or American Express."
"No, I am offering you a Mastercard."
"And, I am offering you a Visa, American Express, or how about a Discover Card? Your choice."
"No, I am offering you a Mastercard."
"And, I am offering you a Discover Card."
Finally, he got the picture. "Well Maam, if you ever want a Mastercard, please call us."
"Well, if you want a Discover card, you may call us." ....something like that. lol...

Try that...it is funny. lol...

My daughter Kari from one of the beginning blogs said that next time someone offers her a credit card...she is going to act like she is ordering a pizza. lol...I might have to try that one.
"I would like to order a medium thin crust pepperoni pizza."
"Never mind, scratch that...I want a large thick crust veggie lover's pizza."
"Hold on...I don't want that I want a ham and cheese sandwich, hot wings, and the biggest order of cinnastix that I can get."...lol....

Just know for future reference...If you want a discover card to pay for my ham and cheese sandwich, please call me.

1 comment:

EE said...

LOL! I'll have to try that sometime!