Wednesday, November 08, 2006

So, my son is now aware of what he wears. I was not ready for this. He is dying for Heelys. However, I really don't want to spend 60 bucks on a pair of shoes for him, that won't fit him next month. Heck, I even buy my shoes on sale, and rarely do I pay 60 bucks on myself.

Well, I was going to write about how stressed I am at work. However, it became a little political. And, I don't think that my itty-bitty soap box will turn heads, or enough heads to change the policies that reach up to the Federal Government. So, I won't bore you, and get myself all ruffled. ;)

When I think about things in prospective...I have a great family life, and we are getting more furniture soon. At least, I will be able to enjoy sitting at the dinner table without being stressed about whether or not my chair will be standing at the end. And, our couch, loveseat, chair and ottoman will match. :)

Thank God for my son, my husband, my daughter, son, in-laws, parents, brother, a house to live in, a car to drive, clothes on my back, a full stomach, a job to pay the bills, gas in my car, food in my cabinet, my dog which is like a new baby, all utilities that are paid in full and on, washer and dryer, dishwasher, oven, microwave, computer, other blogs with which to read, my health, 80's music, fond memories, lessons learned, furniture, money in the bank, no returned check fees, no creditors calling, the garbage man coming tomorrow, like being in my own skin, being able to buy Christmas gifts, not worring about if what I said will get back to someone, and knowing that this world is temporary in the grand scheme of things. I mean, thank Jesus for paying for my sins in full. And, knowing that I appreciate my life.

Speaking of which, I learned that one of my student's mom died yesterday. I can't imagine being in 7th grade, and not having a mom. Not having someone that looks out for my best interest, and that is trustworthy. It was just a few weeks ago that I met this parent. I was thinking about what specifically do I remember? And, what will the daughter try to remember? Please keep my student in your prayers.

And, what am I doing or saying that my loved ones will remember as the last thing that happened with us? Is it a memory that I want them to remember? Am I being the best Christian today? Can people tell? Do I mean it from my heart? Or am I a fake? What will my son think was special between us? Will it be that I am playing x-box with him everyday? Will it be that when taking him shoe shopping, he was bored when I was looking at Christmas stuff? Will it be that Jason remember that I go to bed without him when he is doing HW, and I didn't stay up to tell him again that "I love him?" Will Bishop have the same thoughts? Will it be that I am not as fun of a mom...but, dang her nails always looked good? What can I do to improve? 'Cause we have one chance, and we won't have a second chance after our time is up.

Okay...enough with the sad news. It makes me want to cry. Oh, I am. Well, it is bed time, and maybe after some great rest, I will be not as glum. Good Night.

No comments: